Not only are you vibrant and raring to go, but a teenager is also the most technologically savvy being on the planet today. Many dating sites for teens offer apps with the same features present on the website. As a youth, you need to be wary of age restrictions. Most online dating apps cater to adults only (18+) and tend to host much older crowds. It is probably not what you are looking for. There are a lot of websites to choose from, but many may not take your privacy and security into consideration. We have taken the time to list what we deem the best dating sites for teenagers.
• New members can sign up seamlessly.
• User-friendly interface – users find what they need instantly.
• A large pool of members to choose from.
• Annoying pop messages from other members upon logging in.
• It would be better to have a user profile uploaded to help with security measures.
• Anonymity is of the highest order until you decide to share your personal information.
• If you are not too tech-savvy, the icons may be overwhelming.
• Messaging and reading of the same can only be done on paid subscriptions.
• Yay! Get up to six months free, if the first (paid) six turn up empty for a match.
• You can delete people from your search results and see who’s viewed your profile via notifications.
• Unfortunately, you cannot message users unless you are on a paid membership.
• Everyone can access your photo portfolios.
• Only 13-17 year-olds can create an account – useful when deterring weirdos.
• The app is very modern, which fits right in with teens.
• It may be hard to confirm if a user has not really reached adulthood or is a prowler.
• Numerous fake accounts and lewd members to filter through.
• Some services are free but advanced features only accessible on paid plans.
• It has an engaging platform for the youth to communicate.
• It is 100 percent free to use.
• Numerous ways for people to search for like-minded peers.
• Pop ads can be annoying with time.
• It may be used to promote sex as opposed to friendly, teen dating.
• Teens are left on their own in terms of safety. There is no oversight from the admins.
• Users can earn a few points as they make use of the app.
• Extremely user friendly – also has an appealing look (for teens).
• It offers location-based services.
• Almost a copy-cat social site – doesn’t quite feel like a dating app.
• Bombardment of ads when using the free version.
• May deter young and budget-oriented if they have to pay a monthly fee.
5 Excellent Rules for Teen Dating
• Safety is of utmost importance. Ensure that your safety concerns are attended to before the rendezvous. It means confirming this new friend is who he/she says they are.
• Online dating presents its own challenges, but it brings a different level of challenges when it involves teens. Be sure that you need to chat with someone who is not old enough to be his/her parent.
• Teens should always be accountable to an adult when they decide to leave for an evening out because parents may not always be informed, a friend or other guardian will do just as well for security reasons.
• There should be more emphasis on friendships rather than love relations. While in their prime, the youth need to focus on charting a life for themselves rather than forming love relationships.
• Always encourage group meetups if possible. It aids greatly in terms of alleviating stress for parents and the couple(s).
Frequently Asked Questions