Interesting topics of conversation can be rare when you’re chatting to other single people online, but it’s something that many people crave. Being bold enough to take your dating to the next level by having more intense conversations will not only make you seem more attractive, but it will help you decide if you’re truly compatible.
But what to discuss? There are endless possibilities, but here are:
10 online dating chat tips that will really get things moving
• Life ambitions. Thinking about the future and what it could hold is an upbeat conversation topic. Not only will it reveal lots about your date, but it could also help you decide if you are compatible.
• They say that every person learns a new thing every day – what do you think you learnt yesterday? You could debate whether this proverb is really true or the real meaning of learning. Where you take this topic is up to you.
• Do you have any pet peeves? Knowing what annoys your date isn’t just interesting; it can also prevent you from getting on their nerves and improve your chances of a relationship and even love!
• Tell me a secret. This one can be quite fun and really get your date to open up. You won’t get them to reveal any deep, dark secrets, but it might encourage them to share things with you that might not otherwise come up. Of course, you’ll need to be prepared to reveal something in return!
• Your ideal weekend. Imagine you could go anywhere and do anything for a weekend – what would you choose? This can be a fun topic to ruminate on, a chance to let your imagination run riot. It can also help to bring you closer by thinking about what the future might hold…
• What three words best describe humans? Are you a glass-half-empty or half-full kind of person? How your date views mankind might give you an idea of whether you see the world in the same way.
• What would you do if you won the lottery? Would you move to an exotic paradise, or move to the country and start a farm? This is a fun way to see if you share the same interests and speculate about all the crazy things you could do with millions in the bank.
• What’s your greatest fear? This is also a great line for dinner parties as it gets people to open up and talk about all types of subjects. Whether it’s snakes, a fear of loneliness or something more unusual, such as omphalophobia (fear of belly buttons!)
• If you had to choose a character from any book, film, or play that’s most like you, who would it be? This is a deep question that provokes a fascinating conversation. It reveals quite a lot about the attributes they admire and the type of person they aspire to be.
• What’s the single most important thing you think I should know about you? This is a killer line to use. Your date will love that you want to get to know them, and it will also open up the chance for a deep and meaningful conversation. Win/win!
These online dating conversation starters will take your knowledge of each other to the next level. No matter who you meet on any of the top international dating sites, you’ll be able to use these topics of conversation to appear more attractive and maybe get a mobile phone number to take things further.
Top Tips and Hints for Interesting Online Conversations
You may get lots of compliments about your personality when you’re face-to-face, but allowing your character to shine when you’re online can take a bit of practice.
The most important tip is to type just how you would speak. Casual, intimate and compelling: just be yourself, and your date will be drawn to what you have to say. If you’re not sure about how it sounds, try reading it out loud. You might feel a bit silly at first, but it’s a good trick that every successful online dater uses!
If you’re unsure whether something you say could be misconstrued, don’t be afraid to use emojis, GIFs, or even memes. If you’re discussing something particularly serious or heavyweight, it may not be appropriate so just use your judgement.
Remember that a conversation is a two-way event; it’s not the chance for you to recite a monologue. Keep the dialogue flowing by not dragging out any replies, and making sure you ask questions in return.